Search Engines have TWO MAIN COMPONENTS:
- CRAWLER (aka spider, robot, bot)
- The crawler gathers information from your site and adds it to the search engine database – technical issues on your site can affect this
- This is a complicated math formula that determines the relevancy of your site content
- There are hundres of factors that affect this but TWO MAJOR FACTORS TO CONSIDER:
- What you say on the page – effective site content
- What others say off the page – link popularity, social marketing
SEO will help you steer clear of technical issues that impede the crawler and and will help you create web pages that conform to the relevancy algorithm. SEO will help your audience find your website.